[Ptools-perfapi] Building papi components.

William Cohen wcohen at redhat.com
Thu Oct 20 16:00:23 EDT 2011

On 03/26/2010 04:55 PM, Dan Terpstra wrote:
> Gary -
> Sorry for the long delay on this response. I was out of the country last
> week and spending this week trying to catch up. The only documentation we
> have on developing a component is linked below. This is a wiki and a work in
> progress. If you have lessons learned that you would like to contribute,
> please let us know.
> Thanks,
> - dan
>
> http://icl.cs.utk.edu/projects/papi/wiki/PAPIC:CDI
>
> http://icl.cs.utk.edu/projects/papi/wiki/PAPIC:Component_Development_Cookboo

I have been taking a look at building papi with the components. And ran into this same problem with the component configuration Shouldn't the ./configure at the src level also trigger the configures in the component subdirectories?

I have a scratch rpm based on code currently in the papi cvs repository for fedora 15:

It the spec file explicitly goes into the component directories to do the additional "configure"s.

Why does src/components/lmsensors/Rules.lmsensors require the static libsensors.a? Fedora lm_sensors-devel RPM only has the shared .so version.

-Will