[Ptools-perfapi] how to monitor another process?

李奇 luckylee1982 at gmail.com
Tue Jan 22 02:28:18 EST 2008

Hi all,

     I'm writing a program to monitor a third-party process, I implement the
main process like it initializes PAPI library and some other things like
this, then attach this counting task to the target process. By the end of
the third process, the main process will output the statistical data on the
screen. Fortunately it does work without any question!

      But now, I want to add a feature, whether can I output the statistical
counting data per 1M instruciton issued for the process monitored? I want to
use the overflow interrupt to attain this. Unfortunately, that doesn't work.
Can anyone help me out, thanks a lot!

     As for the overflow interruption and the attatching functionality
separately, both of them work well, but using them at the same time won't
work out!

Regards,

Lucky